Your safety is our priority.
In accordance with Worksafe BC regulations, we’ve implemented a number of new protocols and policies to ensure your safety as we return to sharing space together again during this phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the safety of everyone, we ask that you do not come to the studio if you have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have travelled within the last 14 days. Symptoms include: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
If you have pre-registered for a class and are unable to attend because you are feeling symptomatic, please email us at least 8 hours before the class begins and we will cancel your registration for you.
Here are some important things to note:
- A maximum of 10 students will be permitted in each class.
- To reserve your space, we strongly encourage you to pre-register through our website or using your Mind Body app. This will also minimize congestion at the reception desk.
- If payment must be made in studio, a touchless form of payment will be requested.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the studio, avoid touching your face and practice good hygiene.
- Please line up your mat with markers identified on the floor to ensure mats are 2 metres apart.
- Masks are available for your safety, should you choose to wear one. If you would like to wear a mask while at the studio, please ask your instructor for a mask upon arrival.
- Our coat room and kitchen are temporarily closed. Please come dressed for class, keep your belongings with you at your mat and bring your own water bottle pre-filled.
- Our washrooms are open, but we ask that you only use them if absolutely necessary (please get changed at home).
- Prop use has been suspended temporarily. We encourage you to bring your own props to class if you require them. If you would like to purchase props, we have established a partnership with Half Moon Yoga that allows you to make purchases at a 15% discount using the code: SHALA_15
To shop Half Moon, click here.
To shop B Yoga, click here.
- Only one person will be permitted in the studio foyer at a time. Designated waiting spots (spaced 2 metres apart) have been identified on the stairs leading to the foyer.
- We ask that you do not store your mat at the studio during this time.
- Please exit class promptly (within 5 minutes) so we can facilitate thorough cleaning between classes.
Here is what we are doing to protect you:
- The studio’s capacity has been reduced to limit how many people are onsite at one time and ensure there is enough room for everyone to maintain physical distancing measures.
- The studio's door will be opened 10 minutes prior to the beginning of each class.
- We have used markers to identify where yoga mats should be placed to ensure students are at least 2 metres apart during class.
- We have established and implemented new cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces to ensure students and staff remain safe. All disinfecting products have been approved for use against COVID-19 by Health Canada.
- Our class schedule has been adjusted to allow enough time to clean "high traffic" surfaces between classes.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the studio.
- We’ve posted signage to encourage good hygiene practices.
- We’ve removed all reusable towels from the studio and replaced them with recycled single-use paper products.
- We have installed a plexiglass partition on the studio’s reception desk.
- Our kitchen and coat room are temporarily closed.
- Tea service has been suspended indefinitely.
- Prop use has been suspended indefinitely.
- Mat rental has been suspended indefinitely.
- Windows will be open during all classes to allow for air circulation.
- We’ve established a new policy that will not permit staff members in the studio if they are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- We will continue to communicate to our students, through online communications and signage outside of the studio, that admittance will not be permitted if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
We are doing our very best to ensure the safety of everyone in our space and would love to hear your feedback if there is anything you feel we could be doing better. Please feel free to send any ideas or requests to us directly: