Your safety is our priority.
In accordance with Worksafe BC regulations, we’ve implemented a number of new protocols and policies to ensure your safety as we return to sharing space together again during this phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some important things to note:
- A COVID-19 screening check list will be posted outside of the studio door. By entering the studio, you are acknowledging you’ve read the list and have answered “no” to all of the questions.
- Masks are now mandatory in all areas of Shala Yoga, except on your yoga mat.
- A maximum of 10 students will be permitted in each class.
- To reserve your space, you must pre-register through our website or using your Mind Body app.
- If payment must be made in studio, a touchless form of payment will be requested.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the studio, avoid touching your face and practice good hygiene.
- Please line up your mat with markers identified on the floor to ensure mats are 2 metres apart.
- Our coat room and kitchen are temporarily closed. Please come dressed for class, keep your belongings with you at your mat and bring your own water bottle pre-filled.
- Our washrooms are open, but we ask that you only use them if absolutely necessary (please get changed at home).
- Prop use has been suspended temporarily. We encourage you to bring your own props to class if you require them. If you would like to purchase props, we have established a partnership with Half Moon Yoga that allows you to make purchases at a 15% discount using the code: SHALA_15
To shop Half Moon, click here.
To shop B Yoga, click here.
- Only one person will be permitted in the studio foyer at a time. Designated waiting spots (spaced 2 metres apart) have been identified on the stairs leading to the foyer.
- Mat storage is not available at this time.
- Please exit class promptly (within 5 minutes) so we can facilitate thorough cleaning between classes.
Here is what we are doing to protect you:
- The studio’s capacity has been reduced to limit how many people are onsite at one time and ensure there is enough room for everyone to maintain physical distancing measures.
- The studio's door will be opened 10 minutes prior to the beginning of each class.
- We have used markers to identify where yoga mats should be placed to ensure students are at least 2 metres apart during class.
- We have established and implemented new cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces to ensure students and staff remain safe. All disinfecting products have been approved for use against COVID-19 by Health Canada.
- Our class schedule has been adjusted to allow enough time to clean "high traffic" surfaces between classes.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the studio.
- We’ve posted signage to encourage good hygiene practices.
- We’ve removed all reusable towels from the studio and replaced them with recycled single-use paper products.
- We have installed a plexiglass partition on the studio’s reception desk.
- Our kitchen and coat room are temporarily closed.
- Tea service has been suspended indefinitely.
- Prop use has been suspended indefinitely.
- Mat rental has been suspended indefinitely.
- 4 windows will be open (2 at the front and 2 at the back of the studio) during classes to promote ventilation.
- 3 HEPA filtration units will be placed throughout the studio to promote ventilation.
- We will continue to communicate to our students, through online communications and signage outside of the studio, that admittance will not be permitted if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
For the safety of everyone we ask that you do not come to the studio if:
- You are experiencing any of the following:
- Severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words)
- Severe chest pain
- Having a very hard time waking up
- Feeling confused
- Losing consciousness
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath
- Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing
- Chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing
- You are experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms (regardless of intensity) such as:
- Fever, chills, cough or worsening of chronic cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, muscle aches.
- While less common, symptoms can also include: stuffy nose, conjunctivitis (pink eye), dizziness, confusion, abdominal pain, skin rashes or discoloration of fingers or toes.
- You have travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days.
- You have you provided care or had close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19.
We are doing our very best to ensure the safety of everyone in our space and would love to hear your feedback if there is anything you feel we could be doing better. Please feel free to send any ideas or requests to us directly: